Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, artists, gardeners and woodworkers. Subscribe to receive the latest updates on new titles.
Our February catalogues are now online with some excellent new releases and lots of sale items on offer!
Jen Lucas puts her special spin on a unique collection of knitwear. Discover seven eye-catching stitch patterns, each used to create three distinctive accessories, such as a sensational scarf, a cozy cowl and a spectacular shawl.
- You'll be amazed by how the stitch patterns add that special something to each project – knit all 21 designs
- Close-up photos of all seven stitch patterns are included
- This all-new collection includes projects for a range of skill levels
Swirl Skirt: The Swirl Skirt is a simple pull on straight skirt with an elastic waist and wonderful wide bias hem flounce that drapes longer on the sides. It is an easy skirt to sew that you can’t help but twirl in once you have it on! Sized for petite to 5'5" and 5'5”"and taller, these pattern adjustments maintain the proper length proportions between the waist and flounce and then between flounce to hem.
Suggested fabrics: Christine's fabric of choice for this skirt is rayon/Lycra jersey knit or matte jersey, but it is also appropriate for softly woven fabrics with drape.
Ruffle Top: The Ruffle Top is a very feminine and easy to wear pullover top with a bias ruffle and bell sleeves. It can also be made sleeveless and without the ruffle. This top is shapely but not tight and is the perfect compliment to the Swirl Skirt.
Suggested fabrics: Rrayon / Lycra jersey but it can also be made in other two-way stretch fabrics.
These two patterns compliment each other perfectly. Suggested design options: contrasting ruffle or sleeveless.$25.00
Ignite your creativity with this interactive flip-book that will keep you, your hook and your imagination busy for years to come.
Design your own crazy critters with this amazing book of mix-and-match crochet patterns. Choose the body parts that take your fancy from our extensive selection and use your favourite colours. Add stripes, spots or scales, and then turn to the sew-on extras section to select hair, eyes, horns, wings or tails.
The flippable pages make it easy for you to follow the patterns in any combination. With 30 heads, one basic body, and 30 different pairs of arms and legs, projects are crocheted in one go from the top down. With step-by-step instructions for all the basic crochet techniques that are needed, this is perfect for beginners.$29.99
This book invites you to lose themselves in the incredible world of Miss Violet.
Whether you have a doll's house, some shelf space or an unwanted shoebox, Sam McKechnie has created 25 makes that are perfect for any miniature residence. In addition to the makes there is a pop-out paper Miss Violet doll (and outfits to dress her in) at the back of the book. You will also find a shoebox house project and a chapter of scraps (to photocopy or download) so that every room in their house can be embellished with fabulous paper furnishings – from cooking pots and carriage clocks to picture frames and paper pansies. Chapters and makes include:
- Introducing Miss Violet – meet the star of the show plus a wealth of ideas for clothing and accessories
- Moving in – learn how to select a home (traditional doll's house, shoebox, cupboard or shelf) and create a name plaque
- Kitchen – clay food, embroidered tablecloth and bobbin table and stools
- Parlour – a chandelier, fireplace and Christmas tree
- Bedroom and bath – pressed flower wallpaper, playing card bath mat and a fairytale mattress
- Garden – a pond, instant flower garden and clothes line
Miss Violet's Doll's House includes everything needed to imagine and create a miniature world.$37.99
Designed for beginning artists, Art Studio: Dogs combines a variety of step-by-step art projects, including drawing, painting, mixed media and more, to help you transform your love of animals into fine art.
Opening with a helpful overview of basic tools, materials and techniques, the book then dives into more than 50 step-by-step projects to help artists get started drawing and painting animals in any medium. With helpful tips, techniques and methods for creating animal artwork in a variety of artistic styles, the book helps artists of any skill level find inspiration, explore different tools and materials, and have fun in the process.$27.99
With clear instruction, step-by-step sequences and over 25 projects, this practical book shows you how to access the steampunk world and make unique jewellery and accessories that will complete an outfit and transport you to another era, full of excitement, potential and extravagance.
- Introduction to the world of steampunk and its origins
- Advice on designing unique pieces and creating your own steampunk style
- Over 25 projects ranging from simple cog necklaces to more intricate goggles and ray guns
- Accessories and outfits for both men and women
- Inspirational photos and advice to help put an outfit together