Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, artists, gardeners and woodworkers. Subscribe to receive the latest updates on new titles.
Our July catalogues are now online.
The defining characteristic of Paula Pryke's work is her consummate use of colour and structure – her bold colour choices first brought her to attention when she started out, and throughout her career she has never failed to challenge and excite. Where Paula leads, others follow.
Here she shares her colour secrets. She explores colour influences, the psychological effects of personal responses and gives very practical tips based on her own experience and skills on how to use and combine colours.
Above all, she shares her many wonderful designs with the intention to inspire and inform the reader.$49.99$44.99
30-Second Fashion offers an engrossing crash course to how the style world works today, alongside an engaging look at the people of fashion who set it up that way.
Even if you're not a regular follower of Suzy Bubble, Le Happy or The Sartorialist, you probably have some feeling for fashion. Most people have a vague idea of what's in, what's out and what they might consider putting on their own backs. Less familiar to most, however, is the way fashion works as a global business – a multi-billion- pound industry, employing over 27 million people – just who decides what's cutting edge and what's long past its sell-by date.$19.99
Freeform Crochet with Confidence aims to inspire creativity and, through each project, encourage you to develop and find your own individual style. The projects are almost like serving suggestions just waiting for you to add a sprinkle of imagination and a touch of inspiration to make each design your own.
Step-by-step instructions for all the techniques and projects are included, along with embellishment ideas that will bring each project to life. Each chapter is broken down into different types of freeform motifs: Spirals and Circles; Organic; Openwork and Lace; Patchwork and Squares; and Fillers, Trims and Embellishments.
- Complete guide to the freeform technique
- Ideal for beginner to intermediate crocheters who are keen to learn the basic stitches and different motifs
- Each chapter teaches specific techniques, while tailored projects put these into practice
In this concise book, Hazel Soan explains everything you need to know about oils in an accessible way.
- Advice on the materials you need (keeping things to a minimum), how to mix colours, basic brush techniques and how to use a palette knife
- Subjects range from still life, flowers, animals, landscapes, figures and portraits
- Filled with easy-to-follow exercises and demonstrations
This is a practical and helpful guide to learning to paint in oils very quickly.$19.99
Compose, create and print innovative art quilts starting from your own digital photographs – even those from your phone! Well-known fibre artist Wen Redmond starts with the tools and equipment you'll need – any image editing software and a standard inkjet printer – and teaches you to alter images, print them on a variety of fibres and accentuate them with stitching. With a sense of adventure, even a beginner can apply these techniques to create new and innovative works of art.
- Transform your photographs into matchless works of art with mixed-media techniques and quilting
- Explore inkjet printing on almost anything – design with fabric, paper and other substrates
- Get photo editing, layering and printing tips
- Learn new approaches to digital printing – perfect for quilters, fabric and paper artists, digital artists, mixed-media artists, photographers, art teachers and more
Make this shirt/jacket in something soft such cotton, rayon, jersey or silk. Raw ruffle edges, bound neckline and waist tie. Features optional button closure. Also included in the pattern is a slightly fitted crop pant.
Multi-sized XS – 2XL$29.00